Friday, January 5, 2007

Fiesta Bowl Disaster

The Fiesta Bowl was a major letdown! I can't believe I stayed up past midnight and I was sick.

What was worse??? Listening to my boss the next three days at work talk excessively about it. Can't we just forget?? And, he doesn't even like football! But, I failed to mention, he does know EVERYTHING.

Wow, the things I learn from him. Did you know that Bob Stoops never won a bowl game as head coach at OU? When I started to correct him, he cut me off after I mentioned the Independence Bowl (his first bowl game in his first year as head coach). He cut me off before I could continue and said he meant to say he hasn't won any BCS bowl games. Well, that's strange, I wonder when the Orange and Rose bowls stopped being considered BCS games? He didn't like me proving him wrong and walked away.

Then he told me why he thought Bob Stoops and Brent Venables needed to be fired. UGH! Can you please stop TALKING! On and on he went, he bashed Adrian Peterson, Paul Thompson, everyone. This man NEVER watches football NEVER! I think the only reason he watched this game was to torment me!

Like the game wasn't bad enough. The worst part. It was the Oregan game Part II. Ian Johnson fumbled the football in OT. He even admitted it. No one is talking about that! The play was once again reviewed...the angle they looked at was from behind the end zone. The replay official didn't take into account the curvature of the field. The field peaks at the center and the camera angle showed the running back on the other side of the curve. There was no way from that angle that they would have been able to see if his knee was down. What happened to looking at several camera angles.

We can't catch a break this year! Well, at least our Women's Basketball Team is carrying the torch. Erin Higgins is in her 3-point groove again! I can't wait until the tournament.

No comments: